• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Russian State TV producer interrupts broadcast with "No War" sign

Johan

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.

Anti-war protester in studio disrupts live Russian state TV news​

• Woman seen shouting, holding anti-war sign for several seconds
  • Opposition tweet of incident draws millions of views
  • Pro-Kremlin channel is main source of news for many Russians

An anti-war protester interrupted a live news bulletin on Russia's state TV Channel One on Monday, holding up a sign behind the studio presenter and shouting slogans denouncing the war in Ukraine.

The sign, in English and Russian, read: "NO WAR. Stop the war. Don't believe propaganda. They are lying to you here."
Another phrase, which looked like "Russians against war", was partly obscured.

The extraordinary act of dissent took place on day 19 of the war which began when Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered the invasionof Ukraine on Feb. 24 in what he called a special military operation

"Stop the war. No to war," the woman protester could be heard shouting, as the news anchor continued to read from her teleprompter.

The protester could be seen and heard for several seconds before the channel switched to a different report to remove her from the screen.

Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelenskiy thanked the protester in his nightly video address:

"I am grateful to those Russians who do not stop trying to convey the truth. To those who fight disinformation and tell the truth, real facts to their friends and loved ones," Zelenskiy said. "And personally to the woman who entered the studio of Channel One with a poster against the war."

Kira Yarmysh, spokeswoman for jailed opposition leader Alexei Navalny, wrote on Twitter: "Wow, that girl is cool."

She posted a video of the incident, which quickly racked up more than 2.6 million views.
https://www.reuters.com/world/europ...interrupts-main-russian-news-show-2022-03-14/

Her name is Marina Ovsiannikova and, knowing that she would surely face very severe backlash from the russian government, she pre-recorded a statement, explaining her action and her motives.

In case, you haven't heard about this, Putin recently pass a new bills forbidding anyone to spread "malicious" information (in other words, anything news that would make the russian government or the russian military look bad) and make any people found guilty of this eligible to a 15 years jail sentence. That should tell you how much risk this woman took.

EDIT : She's a TV producer, not a TV host as I first said she is

Last edited:

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60749279

She was fined and released. The 30,000 rouble (£214; $280) fine relates to her video message.
She had pleaded not guilty to the charge of organising an unauthorised public event.

So she's not being charged with spreading "fake news" which is the crime that would have landed her jail for 15 years. Kinda surprising that they didn't go that route, but good to hear nonetheless. Whether they'll be as lenient on subsequent offenders is the big question.

Johan

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
Actually the fine she received is not for her live appearance, she was fined for an anti-war video message she release earlier.

The fine she received was based on an administrative charge, similar to a misdemeanor in the U.S., for violating the country's protest laws. But the Russian news agency TASS reported she could potentially face more charges.

TASS cited a law enforcement source as saying the Russian Investigative Committee had opened a preliminary inquiry on Ovsyannikova to determine whether her actions broke a new law passed after the Ukrainian invasion in which "fake news" reporting could be punished by stiff penalties. Anyone found guilty of breaking the law could be subjected to up to 15 years in prison.
https://www.newsweek.com/marina-ovsyannikova-could-still-face-jail-anti-russia-outburst-1688331

Russians are smart, they know that right now, the entire world is watching her so they won't sentence her harshly for now. They sentenced her vry lightly now for a previous action but you can guess that, when the spotlights won't be on her, they re gonna much tougher on her

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I'm surprised they didn't just execute her right then, without a trial. If she didn't get out, they probably would've killed her, or sent her to Siberia.

I don't think anyone outside of Putin's little circle wants this war.